Event Administrative Assistant
Our client active in the event sector, specialised in conferences, is looking for an Event Administrative Assistant (m/f)
In order to server our clients in an outstanding way, we are looking for an Event Administrative Assistant to join the team. You will have roles at every step of the conferences we organise, making sure everything runs smoothly and that our clients and all participants are impressed with the quality of our work.
Before a conference:
- Provide support to the participants in their registration
- Manage hotel block bookings and rooming lists
- Follow up registrations for congresses from 100 to 1000 participants (payments, changes, reminders, visa applications, statistics)
- Manage suppliers (find the right suppliers, request quotations, challenge prices/Scope/Quality, place orders, administrative follow-up)
- Make travel arrangements for speakers and collect their biographies, pictures, abstracts…
- Prepare and send e-mailings (registration confirmation, practical information, certificate of attendance)
- Update the content of the website
- Send out weekly statistics to organisers
- Prepare all onsite materials (badges, onsite forms, accreditations list)
During a conference:
- Coordinate suppliers
- You are on-site with us, heading the team at the registration desks
- You make sure participants feel good
After a conference:
- Follow-up with stakeholders (suppliers, participants, clients)
- Produce basic event reporting (financial and operation reports, update our reference list)
- Fan of doing logistical and administrative tasks
- Familiar with the event organisation. Experience in congress and conferences is definitely a plus.
- Straight to the point, you can summarize complex status in one short sentence
- You like to make clients, participants and suppliers happy
- You can handle objections and negotiate. You stay patient and polite on the phone or under pressure.
- You can easily write and speak in French, Dutch and English and have good grammar skills (mainly written). You will switch on regular basis from one to another in this job.
- You are autonomous and proactive, you organize your planning and prioritize your tasks in order to deliver on time. You can make the balance between wat is urgent and important.
- You know Word and Excel very well and are familiar with PowerPoint.
- Experience with WordPress is an asset.
- You are open to learn new tips to work in line with the team
- You are very conscientious, precise and pay attention to details
- Ready to go occasionally onsite doing long working days
- Last but not least as we are a small team: you are a person of great integrity!
- An exciting job!
- With a small & dynaminc team of less than 5 persons, working very close to each other
- In a comfortable office in the heart of Stockel (metro/tram/bus, restaurants, (super)markets, …)
- A full-time or 4/5th job, long-tem contract
- Flexibility in your job
Want to give a new boost to your career, contact Alexandre Englebert